Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Unhappy People

Bertrand Russell said:
Whenever one finds oneself inclined to bitterness, it is a sign of emotional failure.
I like that line of thinking. It makes me realize that the bitter person is the crazy one, not you. It is not emotionally healthy to constantly be finding fault in others. I would much rather find the good in people, anyway.

Simone Weil said:
Those who are unhappy have no need for anything in this world but people capable of giving them their attention.

This is advice that could have served me well earlier in life. Even my five year old knows to ignore "not nice" people. Why dignify someone that clearly cannot find reason within themselves to be content in life?


And on a final note, Charles J. Ingersoll stated:    
Anger blows out the lamp of the mind. In the examination of a great and important question, every one should be serene, slow-pulsed, and calm.
 I like that one. Anger makes you dumb. I couldn't agree more! So, stay calm, and don;t let anger or unhappiness be your trademark or people won't be able to take you seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment