Thursday, November 3, 2011

Not today, Honey.

Do you ever feel like you are living a mantra from a book by Dr Seuss. I feel that way today. I should be saying, "Today is my day", but instead, I feel like sleeping the day away. That could partially be due to the fact that I'm sick, but I still feel like I should get something accomplished.

Anyway, thought it would be a good time to discuss procrastination. Here is a great Spanish proverb:
Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the year.
I am headed for one very busy day pretty soon if that is true! I cannot even begin to write down my to do list because it is so overwhelming. So, I am at "baby steps". The problem with "baby steps" is that it just doesn't seem like enough for me. I guess that is why I end up doing nothing at all. Way to be productive! And I believe I know my problem. I don't know how much I can reasonably get done, so I don't get started.


Johann von Goethe said:
The man with insight enough to admit his limitations comes nearest to perfection.
Ouch! I am pretty far from perfection. Maybe I don't like how much I feel I will be able to accomplish. I would like to accomplish much more. But, when you don't feel well, you just don't have the energy. I have a hard time telling myself that it is okay to just be sick and rest and get better.
At any rate, Edgar Watson Howe said:
Half the unhappiness in the world is due to the failure of plans which were never reasonable, and often impossible.

So, I will try to be reasonable. I can accomplish a Latte, my kid's dance class tonight, maybe a quick sweep of the house, and my blog. Then I shall call it a day! And, I will be happy, because I have been reasonable, not impossible. Or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment