Sunday, October 30, 2011

Change

Miriam Schiff said:

On the human chessboard, all moves are possible.
This gives me hope. Sometimes, I can't figure out how to make the move, but it is encouraging to know that the move can be made. I'm endlessly trying to figure out how things work and how to improve processes. I feel now more than ever that you must have some ability to think outside the box to be successful in this world, or even just to stay relevant.
I recently read a quote regarding looking for a job that stated : employers are not looking for someone that can just do the job, they want someone that will reinvent the job. Now, I misquidedly took this advice to heart at a recent job attempt. The office seemed to encourage me to make changes, but really they wanted things to stay the same. However, I think at the right opportunity, employers do want someone that is creative and tries to improve the business as much as they can.


Continuity gives us roots; Change gives us branches, letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights.
                                -Pauline R Kezer

I think we all have to continually change and increase our knowledge to be the best people we can be. The better we are able to adapt to the changes that are put before us, the more likely we will be to be successful and happy in our environment.

And, always remember, as Ralph Waldo Emerson put it:

We change whether we like it or not.
Let's hope that the changes we make are always for the better.  .  

No comments:

Post a Comment